- Decide your costume early! The earlier you visit us, the more options you’ll have to piece something together.
- Again, don’t wait until the last minute! The parking lot can get a little packed in the evenings, especially during the two weeks prior to Halloween.
- Even if you don’t know exactly what you want, come with a few ideas in mind. It’ll make the whole experience a lot smoother.
- If you are creating your costume from scratch and only need a few items, bring what you have with you. Then we can work together to match colors and fabrics if need be.
- Be prepared to pay the cash deposit or rental fee in order to reserve your costume! We cannot hold any items for longer than one day during Halloween.
- Allow plenty of time for your visit. You never know how many other people will be in the shop at the same time.
- To avoid the crowds, visit us in the morning when it is usually slower and you’ll get more one on one time with an associate.
- A picture is worth a thousand words! Pictures are always helpful if you are trying to achieve a specific look.
We’ve got a great selection of costumes and accessories to help you show up and look your best. We’ve got several beautiful masquerade masks, as well as gorgeous, one-of-a-kind, handmade 18th Century dresses. Not only do we carry them–we custom-tailor them just for you, at no extra charge. We also have men’s 1700s garb!
We are constantly receiving new styles of masks so check back frequently!
We have a vast collection of parade and mascot costumes including animals such as chickens, dogs, panthers, bunnies, lions, dragons, dinosaurs, mice, ducks, and many more! Each of these is unique, and comes with an appropriate fur suit, gloves, and shoe covers. If you’d like to rent one, give us a call or come by the shop. We can take reservations over the phone with a credit card too if you’re unable to drop by during business hours. During October, the rental period for parade and mascot costumes is one day–the rest of the year, they rent by three days.
If you’ve any questions at all concerning any aspect of our sale or rental costumes, or even questions or comments about this site, don’t hesitate to call us at 864-271-4260 or email us. You can also subscribe here to receive automatically receive updates of our site and stock.
We’ll be open later in October, to meet the increased demand for costumes. Our extended hours start on Saturday, October 3rd. You can view our extended hours below, as an image (.jpg) by clicking on the thumbnail below, an .ics calendar file, or a Google Calendar.
We hope no one–since we put some up and all. Check out our Photos page if you’d like to see some; so far, we’ve got “La Boheme” as presented by Converse College, as well as “Pirates of Penzance” as presented by Furman University. Both of these schools have fantastic opera programs–if you want more information, be sure to stop by their sites: this is the Furman Department of Music’s page, and here’s Converse Opera Theatre’s site.
Both of the shows were fantastic; we definitely recommend catching any of their shows if you get the chance.
Anyway, we’ll be uploading more photos soon, as we find time to do so.
Welcome to the Costume Curio blog! We’ll do our best to keep you informed as to what is going on at the shop–when we get new costumes, shoes, and makeup in, for example. Check back with us to see what’s fresh, or subscribe to our RSS feed with the link on the right.
To view photos of our stock, head over to our Photos page or click on the “Photos” tab toward the top of this page.
For information on our bridal work, alterations, or other custom jobs, click here or click on the “Custom Work” tab toward the top of this page.
For information pertaining to theatrical work, such as quote for shows, head over to our Theatre page.
Our hours are as follows:
Monday: 9 am – 5 pm
Tuesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 9 am – 5 pm
Friday: 10 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 11 am – 3 pm