- Decide your costume early! The earlier you visit us, the more options you’ll have to piece something together.
- Again, don’t wait until the last minute! The parking lot can get a little packed in the evenings, especially during the two weeks prior to Halloween.
- Even if you don’t know exactly what you want, come with a few ideas in mind. It’ll make the whole experience a lot smoother.
- If you are creating your costume from scratch and only need a few items, bring what you have with you. Then we can work together to match colors and fabrics if need be.
- Be prepared to pay the cash deposit or rental fee in order to reserve your costume! We cannot hold any items for longer than one day during Halloween.
- Allow plenty of time for your visit. You never know how many other people will be in the shop at the same time.
- To avoid the crowds, visit us in the morning when it is usually slower and you’ll get more one on one time with an associate.
- A picture is worth a thousand words! Pictures are always helpful if you are trying to achieve a specific look.
Our talented team of seamstresses can tackle any and every sewing job! Seriously, they are like mechanical engineers but with sewing machines. In addition to the alterations we do for our rental costumes, we also do bridal alterations and tailor your everyday clothes. Just call for an appointment.
We hope no one–since we put some up and all. Check out our Photos page if you’d like to see some; so far, we’ve got “La Boheme” as presented by Converse College, as well as “Pirates of Penzance” as presented by Furman University. Both of these schools have fantastic opera programs–if you want more information, be sure to stop by their sites: this is the Furman Department of Music’s page, and here’s Converse Opera Theatre’s site.
Both of the shows were fantastic; we definitely recommend catching any of their shows if you get the chance.
Anyway, we’ll be uploading more photos soon, as we find time to do so.